Saturday, March 12, 2016

4 months!

We have been living back in Lancaster for 4 months now! I feel like it has gone by so fast because we have been so busy. I have done so bad at keeping everyone up to date on our lives, I'm so sorry guys! So the biggest news is that Curtis has been working at his new job for 2 months now! He is really enjoying it. The hours are perfect, which has been strange for us to get used too. It is a much less stressful job than his last one so its just what the doctor ordered. We are so thankful that God worked it out perfectly for him to get this job!

Even though his job is perfect it has still been a huge adjustment as a family getting used to us both working. He is making about half of the money he was at his last job so on top of learning how to live frugally I still need to be bringing in a big chunk of money which means working a lot. Once again God has blessed us so much by bringing many families to us who need me to watch their kids during the week so I can be earning money and being with my kids. And the times I work out of the house my awesome sister watches the kids so they can still be homeschooled. So even though money is tight in a way that we have never experienced before, God is providing for our every need.

Even though the reason for this move was very stressful I really thing that the timing was perfect, God had it all planned out and we will continue to trust that everything will continue to fall into place. Curtis has gotten the opportunity to join the worship team at our church which he hasn't been able to do for the last 8 years because of his schedule. Its such a joy to see him getting to do what he loves, makes me heart melt. The kiddos have been making a lot of friends through church, homeschool park days, and awana. Timm loves awana so much that he has almost finished two books already and is quoting scripture pretty much all day. We also decided to adopt two puppies this week so the kids are very excited about that.

I have gotten the opportunity to join a birth network here which has given me a chance to get to know some amazing women. A birthing center just opened here as well which is so exciting and will give me some chances to start teaching classes and leading support groups ect. So even though the doula business hasn't grown super fast I feel like its starting to pick up. There are a lot of new babies coming in the next couple months and I'm so excited!

You can continue to pray that we can be making enough money so that its not a cause of stress. Pray that schedules will work out so that I can still be making the money we need but also getting to see Curtis enough. Pray that we continue to adjust to the life of two working parents, specially that the kids can keep doing well through it. Pray that Curtys health would continue to to not just stay the same but would get even better. Thank you all so much for your continued prayer and support through the last year, it means so much to us!

1 comment:

  1. It is still so amazing to me to see how God has answered prayers for you guys! I love you guys and know that God will continue to answer prayers for all your needs❤️

    ReplyDelete