Monday, June 27, 2016

So Much Change

I have failed miserably at keeping up with this blog! I want to update everyone on what has been happening in our lives over the last few months.
We have been living in Lancaster for almost 8 months now!!! That's just crazy to me, life is happening so fast! About 6 weeks ago I started to feel like life was starting to get to a new normal. Everything seemed to be working out. God was providing everything we needed and both of our jobs were going well. I felt like Curtis's symptoms weren't changing much and that we were maybe finally going to get a break from stress. Well that all changed very quickly... A friend told me about some symptoms that she had seen that I wasn't aware of and then Curtis lost his job. I panicked for a couple hours and then thankfully felt great peace that I know was only possible because so many people were praying for us. Since then we have been working hard to get unemployment started(still not figured out) and to get on state assistance so we could make it until we figure out whats next for us. Thankfully with him being home I have been able to work even more than before.
On top of all of that stress Curtis was in a car accident last week while taking the kiddos to VBS. Thankfully all of them were safe but the van was totaled. So now we are also dealing with auto insurance on top of all the other paper work and phone calls that we are constantly dealing with.
Even though all of this has been so crazy and overwhelming, it has been amazing to see God provide for our every need. So many of you, even people we have never met, have stepped up to help us. I could never say how thankful I am for each one of you who has given us money, or brought us a meal, or paid me way more than you should have when I worked for you. It has brought us so much peace knowing that we are not alone through this.
A lot of people have asked about what symptoms Curtis is dealing with so I thought I would share a little bit about that so you know some ways to pray for him. The biggest symptom is not having mental clarity, he is having a hard time focusing and paying attention to details, Its also hard for him to follow directions or remember new things. Another symptom is his balance and gait, its almost like his center of gravity is off so everything looks and feels harder to do, The other main concern is his weight loss. He has been constantly losing weight the last few years and is not slowing down. He has gone down at least another size since last summer and even had to take off his wedding ring last week because it had gotten to big(his original one had already gotten to big a few years ago). He eats constantly but his body just burns the calories too quick. From the research I have done it seems to be a big concern for doctors, they want them to be at a good weight before the symptoms get worse so please pray that he would be able to keep some weight on.
Other prayer requests would be that we would have wisdom about what the next steps are to make sure we are financially secure. Also pray that I would have more clients than I will know what to do with :o) Pray for the kids as they keep having to go through so much change. I have been having a hard time emotionally dealing with all of the stress and it really takes a toll on my body. So pray for peace and joy and energy for me.
Oh and Timm is away at his first camp so pray that he stays safe and learns so much about his relationship with God. And pray that we don't go crazy without him here.
Thank you all for the continued prayer and support, it means so much to us.

1 comment:

  1. I'm so sorry Erin. I know all of these hardships will strengthen you in the long run but I'm sorry you're facing so much all at once. Wish I could be there to help somehow but know I'm praying for you friend! Love you!

    ReplyDelete